Field Service Engineer – Chromatography Instrumentation
Owing to the retirement of your Field Service Engineer in the north of England, we currently we have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and experienced Field Service Engineer to join our laboratory instrumentation team.
Location: North of England
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £35K to £50K OTE – depending on experience
As a chromatography engineer you will be responsible for the service, installation, repair and general maintenance of GC, HPLC, GC-MS & spectroscopy systems at customer sites. Our markets include universities, food and drink, environmental testing and pharmaceutical. The role is field-based, you would work from home and you would be expected to spend a few nights per month away from home.
- You need to be self-reliant and able to work on your own initiative, although full support will be given from head office.
- You will have a proven track record as a laboratory instrumentation engineer with experience working with GC & HPLC. Whilst experience of working on GC-MS and spectroscopy would be an advantage, if you are not fully experienced in all aspects of these instruments, training will be provided.
- You should have strong verbal and written communication skills to reflect the professional brand and image of the company.
- You must be an analytical thinker with the ability to solve problems as they arise on site during the course of your work.
- You must be physically able to carry out tasks such as lifting instruments.
- You must be computer literate.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence.
- BUPA membership.
- Company Pension.
- Company car or a generous mileage allowance.
- 34 days holiday (including statutory holidays).
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a CV and covering letter, detailing your suitability for the position to: Emily Dwan at firstname.lastname@example.org