Location: Based in Alva, Clackmannanshire covering UK wide
Contract type: Full time, permanent with a 6 month probationary period
Salary: £25-35k OTE whilst in training rising after 1-2 years to £40-45k OTE
We have a fantastic opportunity for an engineer to join our expanding business. Our gas systems division has grown rapidly over recent years. We continue to have ambitious growth targets and need an enthusiastic hard working team of people to help us deliver these. Speck & Burke have been operating in the laboratory gas systems, instrumentation, consumables and services industry for 25 years.
This role offers a unique opportunity for someone from an electrical or air conditioning installation background with experience in an industrial or commercial setting to transfer and enhance their skills and apply them in a different environment. The gas division designs, installs, inspects and maintains gas systems in a range of laboratory and light industrial environments. Full and extensive training will be given to the successful candidate. Your contribution to the growth of the company will be recognised and well rewarded.
Although we are recruiting for the role of a gas system engineer, we have previously found that electricians and air conditioning engineers, working in industrial and commercial settings, have many transferrable skills, making them highly suitable candidates.
The job involves the following activities:
- producing a high-end, neat finish which is acceptable to both the main contractors and the clients for whom we work.
- reading design specifications and technical drawings
- working safely in accordance with our OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety certification
- liaising with clients and contractors
- attending meetings on site
- testing and inspection of systems
- proposing modifications
- servicing and maintaining equipment
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will perform a wide range of duties, including but not limited to the tasks listed below:
- Delivering the strategy to expand the gas systems division of Speck & Burke.
- Installation, test, repair and inspection of specialist laboratory gas systems.
- Planning jobs and workload in conjunction with colleagues.
- Surveying the site and preparing reports on how the client wishes to carry out projects.
- Briefing colleagues on the agreed processes for work to be carried out.
- Solving site problems as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring that all the construction safety rules and regulations are being observed.
- Assuring quality standards are maintained, to ensure that project objectives are met.
- You need to be flexible and able to work as a team member or on your own initiative when the situation demands.
- You will have a proven track record as an engineer in light industrial or commercial environments.
- You must be willing to work throughout the UK, with regular overnight trips required.
- You should be able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills to reflect the professional brand and image of the company.
- You must have the ability to solve problems as they arise, during the course of your work.
- Experience of working with contractors, architects, M&E consultants would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must be physically able to carry out tasks such as lifting & working at height.
- You must be computer literate.
- You must hold UK driving licence.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter or email, outlining how your experience enables you to meet the requirements of the post, to Sarah Anderson at email@example.com