Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology is the United Kingdom's Centre of Excellence for integrated research in hydrology, terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere. At their Lancaster site our Competent Examiners identified a way to assist the company in upgrading their gas systems with high end, fully compliant, high purity, laboratory gas systems, within their analytical laboratories.
- Assisting the organisation in remaining at the forefront of compliance with current standards.
- The requirement to complete the project on a live site.
- To carry out the work whilst causing the minimum disruption and downtime.
- Speck & Burke applied computer modelling and extensive expertise to produce customised, efficient systems.
- The key to the professional running of the project was to engage in discussion of fine detail prior to commencement of the work.
- All Speck & Burke engineers receive extensive health and safety training, hold the National Safety Passport and work in accordance with the company’s OHSAS 18001 safety system.
- Engagement with the laboratory end users to accommodate their operational requirements.
- Speck & Burke have now been responsible for carrying out annual gas inspection at CEH Lancaster for 9 years.
- Full compliance with the British Compressed Gas Association codes of practice.
- The provision of Written Schemes of Examination to meet the requirements of the Pressure System Safety Regulations and to provide a structure for future annual inspections.
- Annual inspections in accordance with the Written Schemes whilst causing the minimum of disruption and down-time.