Alva, Clackmannanshire, near Stirling (Office based with some travel)
Speck & Burke is a specialist laboratory gas systems installer. With continued expansion of our business throughout the UK, we are looking to grow our team. We have a vacancy for an estimator/designer looking for a challenging new career opportunity. We are looking for a professional and driven individual to work alongside our current team. We deliver pre-designed and design and build projects across a wide range of sectors. We offer ongoing training and progression as well as the opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company within a busy and varied working environment.
- Interpret customer requirements from site surveys, specifications, drawings and related documents to identify product and labour requirements for each project.
- Preparing bill of quantities and quotations.
- Take responsibility for the tender/quotation process from initial contact to submission.
- Attend pre contract site meetings with designer/client/subcontractors
- Review contract documentation
- Utilise existing practical & theoretical knowledge to consider the impact of various types of building & installation requirements.
- Produce the final client facing documentation detailing job specific technical & commercial information.
- Control & manage your enquiry workload in keeping with deadlines.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for compressed gases.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an estimating/design capacity preferably within an engineering environment
- Formal qualification in either engineering/design (HND or above)
- Ability to interpret engineering and construction drawings
- Methodical attitude with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Competent use of Microsoft Office Programmes (proficient use of Excel).
- CAD experience would be an advantage
- Current UK driving license
- Consistently deliver the highest standard of work with a desire to continuously develop and improve.
- Demonstrate passion and pride in your work.
- Dedicated to meeting/exceeding client expectations and requirements.
- Focussed and driven to achieve successful outcomes on every project.
- Effective planner who organises themselves to achieve maximum efficiency and output.
- Approachable team player who is able to communicate at different levels, in a variety of situations and who can clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others.
- Ability to solve problems, present solutions and make decisions, sometimes under pressure, whilst maintaining high standards.
- Desire to improve, demonstrated by actively pursuing your own personal development.
- Methodical forward thinker and planner
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to deadlines
- Highly motivated, good work ethic and enthusiasm
- Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
- Able to communicate at different levels and situations and influence people
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Quick thinker and adaptable to different situations
- Approachable and good interpersonal skills
- Creative mind - thinks about the best way to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Takes full accountability for performance and professional development
- A competitive salary and bonus
- Company car
- 34 days annual leave (including 9 statutory)
- Private healthcare
- Mobile, iPad
If you would like to apply for this position, please email a covering letter and you CV to Sarah Anderson email@example.com.